By focusing on health care for Iowans and rolling out new endorsements this week, businesswoman and U.S. Senate candidate Theresa Greenfield continues to gain momentum in her campaign to oust Senator Joni Ernst, which has once again been confirmed by new polls.
Catch up on Theresa’s big week in the #IASen Race:
Holding Senator Ernst Accountable For Endangering and Undermining Health Care for Iowans: Theresa continues to demonstrate how she will put Iowans first, both in this race and in the U.S. Senate, by calling on Senator Ernst to take meaningful action to protect Iowans health care – only to be met by silence from Ernst. This week, the Greenfield campaign kicked off the first full week of the general election by highlighting 5 ways over 5 days that Senator Ernst has tried to rip health care away from Iowans and refuses to answer questions about it. Senator Ernst’s disastrous record includes:
- Voting To Repeal The Affordable Care Act With No Replacement
- Voting Against Medicaid Expansion Even Before Going to Washington
- Refusing to Support Allowing Medicare to Negotiate Lower Drug Costs
- Voting for GOP Tax Bill That Endangers the Future of Medicare
- Refusing to Oppose Anti-ACA Lawsuit That Threatens to Dismantle Iowa’s Medicaid Expansion
Theresa Ahead in Two New IA-Sen Polls: Two new polls in the past week have shown Theresa ahead of Senator Ernst, as Theresa continues to unify Iowans across the state in her campaign to put Iowa first.
- A new Daily Kos/Civiqs Iowa poll out this week shows Theresa Greenfield ahead of Senator Ernst, 48%-45%.
- A recent PPP poll showed Iowa’s U.S. Senate race to be a “virtual dead heat” for the November general election, with Theresa leading 45%-43%.
New Endorsements from Iowa Leaders: Theresa’s strong support across Iowa continues to grow after her big win in the Democratic primary last week.
- State Auditor Rob Sand: “We can trust Theresa to be a good steward of our taxpayer dollars and make sure that Congress is answering to people.”
- Congresswoman Cindy Axne: “Theresa will always be a strong voice for hardworking Iowans in Washington.”
- State Treasurer Michael Fitzgerald: “She understands the challenges hardworking families face and she will get real results for Iowans.”
In addition to postponing in-person events, the Greenfield for Iowa campaign is taking precautions by having all staff work remotely and encouraging social distancing practices at all times. For more information on Iowa’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the Iowa Department of Public Health website.